Personal loans are great financial tools for assistance when you need to cater to applications like medical emergencies or weddings. Once you take up a personal loan, you can repay it through regular EMIs, or equated monthly payments. This is to lower the burden of bulk repayment on you. If you need help with paying personal loan EMIs, you can apply one of these 7 strategies that can help you in 2023.
From refinancing to budgeting and more, read on to learn how you can take control of your finances and get out of debt.
Why You Should Pay Off Your Personal Loans
- Reduce Stress: Carrying high levels of debt can be stressful and lead to financial worries. Paying off your personal loans can reduce stress and help you feel more in control of your finances.
- Lower Interest Costs: By paying off your personal loans, you'll reduce the amount of interest you pay over time, freeing up money for other expenses or savings.
- Improve Credit Score: Making payments on time and paying off debt can help improve your credit score. This can make it easier for you to get approved for loans and credit in the future, and at more favorable terms.
- Increase Savings: By paying off debt, you'll have more money available to save each month. This can help you build an emergency fund, save for retirement, or reach other financial goals.
- Peace of Mind: Paying off your debts can give you a sense of financial security and peace of mind. You'll have one less bill to worry about each month and the satisfaction of knowing that you're making progress toward becoming debt-free.
Must Do: 8 Smart Ways to Manage Your Loans in a Better Way
The 7 Best Strategies To Pay Off Personal Loans
When you’re trying to pay off personal loans, there are a few different strategies that can help you get ahead:
- Make more than the minimum payment each month
If you can afford it, try to make payments that are higher than the minimum amount due on your loan. This will help you pay off your loan faster and save money on interest in the long run.
- Create a budget and stick to it
In order to pay personal loan EMIs, you’ll need to have a budget in place so that you don’t end up spending too much money in other areas of your life. Once you have a budget set, make sure to stick to it as closely as possible so that you can free up as much money as possible to put towards your loan.
- Cut back on unnecessary expenses
Even if you feel a certain expense is too minor to be counted, refrain from spending. Over time, you will save enough money to help you with your personal loan EMIs.
- Get a part-time job or take on freelance work
If you have some extra time, consider picking up a part-time job or doing some freelance work so that you can bring in more money to put towards your personal loan repayment each month. It may require some extra effort, but it will be worth it in the end.
- Refinance your loan at a lower rate
If you’ve been making regular payments on your loan and have built up good credit, you may be able to refinance it for a lower interest rate. This can help you save money in the long run and pay off your loan more quickly. You could even apply for a new personal loan to pay off the old one.
- Make extra loan payments
If you receive a bonus or an inheritance, put that money towards your personal loan repayment instead of spending it on something else. Every little bit helps.
- Set up automatic payments from your bank account
This way, you will never miss a personal loan EMI payment and always make sure that your debt is taken care of each month. This will also help build up good credit over time.
Must Do: Different Types of Loans Available in India
Paying off personal loans can be a daunting task, but it is certainly achievable. With the right strategies and approach, you can pay off your loan in record time with minimal financial strain. Try to create and stick to a budget, make extra payments whenever you can afford it, boost your income if possible, and trim down expenses where possible; these are some of the best strategies for paying off personal loan EMIs in 2023.
Consider using SMFG India Credit's services if you're looking to get a personal loan because we offer simple loan disbursements, competitive interest rates, and less complicated personal loan documentation requirements to complete the process. With personal loan interest rates starting from only 11.99%* per annum, you can make the most of your financial assistance. Check your EMI eligibility through our online personal loan EMI calculator to know how best to sort your budget out. Apply today!